PEAK-system library for handling multiplexed messages with overlapped signals in Python

This forum covers third party software that is for example developed with our APIs
karkar

PEAK-system library for handling multiplexed messages with overlapped signals in Python

Post by karkar » Fri 8. Apr 2022, 12:16

Hello guys
My data acquiring colleagues are collecting tons of CAN BUS communication logs which I analyze then. They use PEAK-system hardware and software, properly licensed.
Unfortunately not all of them is capable to supply decoded signals (field test technicians, service guys etc). So I am receiving logs and and have to find someone to decode messages and break them to signals for me in some PEAK software.

I tried to decode these logs via the cantools library, but it is not capable to handle overlapped signals (having single input in message to feed two signals).

Since I use python for the multiple data source (other data loggers) merge and analysis, it would be nice to have also can bus data logs decoded in my script.

I do not need any logging, use any HW devices or sniff can bus. I would like to just automatically decode the messages = break them to the signals based on given database.

Would you please point me to the PEAK system library which can load sym database with multiplexed and overlapped signals and provide decoding of the messages (from recorded logs) in Python?

M.Maidhof
Support
Support

Re: PEAK-system library for handling multiplexed messages with overlapped signals in Python

Post by M.Maidhof » Fri 8. Apr 2022, 15:52

Hi,

unfortunately we don't offer any python libraries to decode CAN signals from log files. We only offer software tools like PCAN_Explorer 6 to handle such tasks.

regards

Michael