Labview Exe not working

This forum covers third party software that is for example developed with our APIs
Andy55555

Labview Exe not working

Post by Andy55555 » Mon 19. Nov 2018, 19:11

Hi All,

My LabVIEW source code works with the PCAN pro USB, but not when I create a LabVIEW executable. When I debug the executable there are no error messages and the PCAN Sub VIs seem to work. However, there is no data being read from the BUS. I am testing the executable on the same PC as what the source code is running on.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide.

Regards,
Andy

M.Maidhof
Support
Support

Re: Labview Exe not working

Post by M.Maidhof » Tue 20. Nov 2018, 14:21

Hi,

when using one of our APIs, please copy the needed dlls into the Windows system directories, as written in the readme.txt file of the API. When using the PCANBasic API, you can also use the driver setup PeakOemDrv.exe to install the dlls (select the PCANBasic option).

regards

Michael

Andy55555

Post by Andy55555 » Tue 20. Nov 2018, 17:56

Hi Michael,

Thank you for your reply!

I'm not sure if the dlls are the problem, Labview is giving me no error message. The code works as a source file, but when built as an executable only then does it stop, this is on the same PC. So, if the dlls were not in the correct place then I would expect the source code to not work either - is this a correct assumption?

I can debug the executable and the pcan APIs are giving no error, it's the CAN READ API that doesn't seem to be collecting data off of the BUS. See the images of the source code:

Thanks Again,
Andy

M.Maidhof
Support
Support

Post by M.Maidhof » Wed 21. Nov 2018, 16:20

did you check, if the dlls are correctly installed, yes or no?