Connect specific third party application to one mini-pci

This forum covers third party software that is for example developed with our APIs
A.Azpeitia

Connect specific third party application to one mini-pci

Post by A.Azpeitia » Thu 12. Dec 2019, 13:00

Hello,

I need to connect a specific third-party application to a PCAN-miniPCIe FD but apparently the application only sees the PCAN-USBs.

I have changed the version of the PCANBASIC.dll library of the third-party application but that has not worked.

Could I somehow modify the configuration of the mini-pci so that the application can read from them in some way? or on the other hand, is it possible to redirect the traffic from a PCAN-miniPCIe to a PCAN-USB?

Finally, could you please tell us from which version of PCANBASIC.dll mini-pci is supported?

Thanks,

Ander

U.Wilhelm
Sales & Support
Sales & Support

Re: Connect specific third party application to one mini-pci

Post by U.Wilhelm » Thu 12. Dec 2019, 13:52

You wrote that the third party application use the PCAN-Basic API. So you need to connect the developer and ask if they also support PCI cards inside the Tool.

When calling our PCAN-Basic API --> CAN_Init(...) the developer use the needed CAN Hardware Type as Channel.
If this Application support only USB based units, it is not possible to changed it to use PCI(e) based cards without changing the code. The miniPCI is a PCI card - not a USB device - so, no, it is not possible to change or "redirect" the API.
Finally, could you please tell us from which version of PCANBASIC.dll mini-pci is supported?
The PCAN-Basic API support PCI based cards from the first Version until now.
--------------------------------
PEAK-System Technik
Technical Support Team
support@peak-system.com
-------------------------------