Transmit but no receive via Virtual PCAN-Gateway

CAN to LAN Gateway in DIN Rail Plastic Casing
_Sven_

Transmit but no receive via Virtual PCAN-Gateway

Post by _Sven_ » Fri 3. Feb 2017, 13:05

Hi,

I am trying to use the PCAN-Ethernet Gateway DR in our company network to simply view the CAN communication in a system far away from my computer.

Therefore I configured a static IP at the Gateway (10.95.24.32 - given by IT department) which is in a different subnet like my computer (10.95.4.72). Furthermore I installed the Virtual PCAN-Gateway so that I can use PCAN-View for having a look at the CAN communication.

I configured at the PCAN-Ethernet Gateway DR 4 routes. 2 routes for receiving from CAN and send to IP. 2 routes for receiving from IP and sending to CAN.
At the Virtual PCAN-Gateway I configured 4 routes too. 2 routes for receiving from CAN and send to IP. 2 routes for receiving from IP and sending to CAN.

In the routing view from the PCAN-Ethernet Gateway DR all routes are shown with a green LED. In the routing view from the Virtual PCAN-Gateway the two routes receiving from IP and sending to CAN are shown with a yellow LED and the two routes receiving from CAN and sending to IP are shwon with green LED.

If I connect PCAN-View to one of the adaptable CAN channels I can send CAN frames with the use of PCAN-View. But if I send CAN frames at one of the connectors from the PCAN-Ethernet Gateway I didn't see them in PCAN-VIEW.
For receiving and sending CAN frames at the connectors from the PCAN-Ethernet Gateway I use some other CAN hardware (Vector tools).

Furthermore I tried different TCP and UDP connection properties (ports) for the "yellow" shown routes, but it doesn't change the behavior.

Can somebody give me a hint what I may change?

G.Lang
Support
Support

Re: Transmit but no receive via Virtual PCAN-Gateway

Post by G.Lang » Tue 7. Feb 2017, 10:16

Hi Sven,

please use IP addresses which are in the same subnet. Please send me also the configuration from the "Virtual PCAN-Gateway" and from the "PCAN-Ethernet-Gateway".

Send the configs to the following address:
contact.JPG
contact.JPG (8.6 KiB) Viewed 1759 times