Software Installation

Professional Windows® software to communicate with CAN and CAN FD busses and its add-ins: Plotter, CANdb Import, Instruments Panel, and J1939
uncsj

Software Installation

Post by uncsj » Sat 11. Jul 2020, 14:37

Since my last post was closed - assuming we are planning to distribute unlicensed software (which is not true) -
i'm trying again to proceed.
I also appologize for my missleading post but rude answers to a customers question do not help anybody. :x
But back to the toppic:
until now we use PE6 with single licenses (all PE6 installations were installed with individual, corresponding license files
by a local admin). On new PCs in our company we don't have admin rights anymore - and the only way to get
additional software on these machines is now via SCCM.
We don't want to do anything illegal - this is why i'm asking here before doing anything.

The now mandatory SCCM process requires that we first send the installation package with screenshots of every click
in the installer (we do this on the very last Test-PC where we have admin rights) to central IT services.
Then they check the software for backdoors etc. If checking was ok they will create a SCCM package.
The demand of installing the package on a client needs then to be aproovedby by a responsible person
(called application owner) and the client PC's department has to prove that they have a valid license for this software.
So this is nothing illegal - just administration matters in a company with more than 30.000 employees..

So as I have experienced before PE6 single user installations are not valid for the SCCM procedure.

-> But is there an other way possible which allows us to create a PE6 SCCM installation package?
(eg. buying new portable PE6 versions with dongle)
We don't want to break licensing, but SW installations via SCCM are now a mandatory process in our company.
I hope for your support in this matter.

With kind regards,
Steve

U.Wilhelm
Sales & Support
Sales & Support

Re: Software Installation

Post by U.Wilhelm » Sat 11. Jul 2020, 16:43

Please contact the support by email- discussing this volume license question in public is definitely a wrong way, specially when you are speak for a “company with more than 30.000 employees” and under a pseudonym - no real name.

We will delete this thread within the next days, also the thread where you think that we were „rude“ - which is not true and you better think about that you post here in public, with no real name, no company info....
--------------------------------
PEAK-System Technik
Technical Support Team
support@peak-system.com
-------------------------------

U.Wilhelm
Sales & Support
Sales & Support

Re: Software Installation

Post by U.Wilhelm » Fri 17. Jul 2020, 13:37

No answer until now...so we will delete the post within the next days.
For all other customers - we also offer volume licening for PCAN-Explorer with special License Files etc. - please always contact our support in this matter
This have nothing to do with a normal enduser support for which we setup this forum....

stay healthy ! ;)
--------------------------------
PEAK-System Technik
Technical Support Team
support@peak-system.com
-------------------------------