Starting overview

Platform for Telematic Applications
mark_bol

Starting overview

Post by mark_bol » Thu 27. Feb 2014, 14:41

Good morning,
I bought an PCAN-GPRS Link starting kit few months ago, and I can't understand the steps to run the example "PCAN-GPSRLink_Linux_Server_x86_v1_2.tar.gz".

I try to use the PCAN-GPRS "stand alone" and it works well on the SD-Card, but when i read the guide for server-web example i don't understand what I should do.
I've installed Ubuntu SERVER 12.04.4 LTS 32bit, but I'm stuck, because I don't understand what, the guide, tell me to do.
I've installed mysql-server and other things mentioned on the guide, and finally unpacked the "PCAN-GPSRLink_Linux_Server_x86_v1_2.tar.gz".
After changing "service.config" rightly ( i think) server doesn't start.

The question is:
on the guide, provided in the cd-rom, the example is for "real web-server", for Ubuntu, for Ubuntu Server, for XAMPP (on Ubuntu or on Windows system) or other things?
I read your "starting guide" on this forum, but it's a little bit different from the one provided on the cd-rom, and especially it specify "to run our demo server is to use a ubuntu 10.04".
(sending me in confusion, because is not "server" relase)

So please, if you can give me an explanation, I'd be grateful.
Bring up-to-date a step-by-step guide, is better yet.

Thanks in advance.

Mark

U.Wilhelm
Sales & Support
Sales & Support

Re: Starting overview

Post by U.Wilhelm » Fri 28. Feb 2014, 16:03

The Server Sample could be run on a "normal" Dsitribution with an Desktop, but also on a Server Version without a Desktop (X-Windows) - we do not care. It´s a simple sample which need a MySQL, Appache WEB Server, PHP etc.
It does not interest our sample code if it is started on an Server Edition or on an Desktopo edition (there is no real different between this versions - only the packageag which come as preinstalled software)
--------------------------------
PEAK-System Technik
Technical Support Team
support@peak-system.com
-------------------------------

mark_bol

Post by mark_bol » Mon 3. Mar 2014, 11:40

Thanks for your reply.

Now I installed Ubuntu 12.04 Desktop version, because GUI always helps, but I encountered another problem.
The guide tell me to install MySQL Administrator, but I cannot find it in Ubuntu Software Center.
I tried to install "Emma" and "MySQL Navigator" but I'm not able to use them as described in the guide.
Can you give me some advice?

Thanks in advance.

S.Michaelsen
Hardware Development
Hardware Development

Post by S.Michaelsen » Mon 3. Mar 2014, 11:56

Hello,

please note that the example and the according guide was written for 10.04 version and you might need other versions of some libs etc. if you are using another version.
It does not matter which tool do you use to create or maintain you database. For usage of the tools you'll to have a look at the according documentation.

Regards,
Stephan

mark_bol

Post by mark_bol » Mon 3. Mar 2014, 14:54

S.Michaelsen wrote: you might need other versions of some libs etc.
For usage of the tools you'll to have a look at the according documentation.
Yes, of course I've done it.

But in the PDF called "HowToInstall.pdf" , there are some files (*.tar.gz and other) described as "software installation package" , unavailable on the CD.
I am referring to Chapter 2 of that file.
In the supplied CD I found only "./service.config".
So, also these files need to be searched online?

S.Michaelsen
Hardware Development
Hardware Development

Post by S.Michaelsen » Mon 3. Mar 2014, 15:11

Hello,

the binary is the file that is created during build process, the sql script is present but it has a date as prefix and the tar archive can be found at https://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connect ... #downloads.