Connection, but no data is sent

Platform for Telematic Applications
jwphrijk

Connection, but no data is sent

Post by jwphrijk » Tue 4. Dec 2012, 18:56

Hello,

I'm still working on the project expor had started. When he stopped his firmware was able to make a connection and recieve the data sent by Pcan explorer.

At this time I'm only able to send a message via the CAN 1 wirred connention.

The Peak server and cliënt see gprslink-client making the connection. But the data sent by Pcanexplorer doesn't reach the unit. The other, hardwired, cliënts recieve the message.

It looks like the driver is causing this problem. We have installed the older drivers found on your site but that didn't work.

Have you got any idea?

Thanks in advance

S.Michaelsen
Hardware Development
Hardware Development

Re: Connection, but no data is sent

Post by S.Michaelsen » Wed 5. Dec 2012, 07:39

Hello,

what driver are you talking about exactly? I don't know his firmware so I can't tell you what it should transmit. The example software just transmits some special data collected from FMS or OBDII and some other peripherals but not raw CAN data. If he changed that the server mus be adapted too to be able to receive this data.

Best Regards,

Stephan Michaelsen

expor

Post by expor » Wed 5. Dec 2012, 10:44

Hello,

My firmware basically just processes all CAN data that it receives via either wired or wireless connection. The wireless connection is made by using PCAN-Link (Client/Server). While PCAN-Link no longer supports the PCAN-GPRS Link, I received two .exe files for the client and server to make it work again.

The problem is that using the drivers at that time (feb-jun 2011) the connection worked fine. I used CAN messages to configure the device either via wired or wireless (PCAN-Link) connection.

Using the current drivers/api.dlls this no longer works. Wired messages are still received and processed, but it seems that no PCAN-Link messages make it to the device anymore. We tried downloading old drivers but without success.

Sending the messages is done via either PCAN-Explorer 5 or PCAN-View. Any suggestions or ideas on where this suddenly goes wrong? To me it seemed a driver/API change that might've come from the removed support from PCAN-Link, but wasn't reworked yet with the drivers I used at the time (support was only dropped shortly before then if I understood correctly).

PS: The PCAN-GPRS Link still connects to the virtual net and shows up in the list of clients.

U.Wilhelm
Sales & Support
Sales & Support

Post by U.Wilhelm » Wed 5. Dec 2012, 14:07

Could you connect the PCAN-View/PCAN-Explorer to the same NET where the PCAN-Link Client is connected too?
Looks like it is only a PC based problem, not a PCAN-GPRS Link problem. Is the PCAN-Link Server running on the same machine? If yes, could you connect to it from a different PC in the Network?
Are you able to see the connected PCAN-GPRS Link Module PC Software PCAN-Link?
--------------------------------
PEAK-System Technik
Technical Support Team
support@peak-system.com
-------------------------------

expor

Post by expor » Wed 5. Dec 2012, 14:46

On all three of your questions the answer is yes.

We connected to the server from another PC aswell: messages can ben sent and received and are visible on the virtual net.
Same goes for connecting to the server on the same pc.
The PCAN-GPRS Link shows up in the Client/Server list, but not receveing the messages being broadcast on the virtual net.

U.Wilhelm
Sales & Support
Sales & Support

Post by U.Wilhelm » Wed 5. Dec 2012, 15:09

Are the "tx" option selected in the GPRS Client? (could be find in Client List)
PEAK-System Technik
Technical Support Team
support@peak-system.com

jwphrijk

Post by jwphrijk » Thu 6. Dec 2012, 20:02

Yes the TX box is checked. I've added screenshot's for you to see the configuration.
Attachments
Server connected with Pcan-Gprs screenshots.zip
(377.55 KiB) Downloaded 591 times

U.Wilhelm
Sales & Support
Sales & Support

Post by U.Wilhelm » Fri 7. Dec 2012, 08:41

Could you please post us the PCAN-Link Server Version? Looks like you use a "Normale Server Release" (like 1.2.1.73). The PCAN-Link Server with PCAN-GPRS Support is not a official Version (we had send you the EXE of this version as a preview) and this Server Software have a Version number like 1.3.x.x. So if you see a 1.2.xxx, please replace with the version we send you in the past. Start again and check Server Version - must be a 1.3.x.x. This should fix the problem.
PEAK-System Technik
Technical Support Team
support@peak-system.com

jwphrijk

Post by jwphrijk » Fri 7. Dec 2012, 11:29

The version I'm using is 1.2.1.83.

Is this the wrong one?

expor

Post by expor » Fri 7. Dec 2012, 12:03

When I used the official server release the PCAN-GPRS Link wouldn't even connect to the server. It would only connect and immediately disconnect again. Also, jwphrijk told me that when requesting OS time/version from PCAN-GPRS Link he did infact get a reply.

I can't check the files on my side so I don't know what version I received, but jwphrijk can check I suppose.