Connection, but no data is sent

Platform for Telematic Applications
U.Wilhelm
Sales & Support
Sales & Support

Re: Connection, but no data is sent

Post by U.Wilhelm » Fri 7. Dec 2012, 13:15

Dear you need to use the 1.3.x.x. as i wrote - my colleauges send you this (not supported) version a view month ago.
--------------------------------
PEAK-System Technik
Technical Support Team
support@peak-system.com
-------------------------------

jwphrijk

Post by jwphrijk » Sun 9. Dec 2012, 16:34

Thank you for your response!

Ik seems also Expor doesn't have the other version of the sever anymore. )-:
Is it posible for you to send me another copy?

Thanks in advance

U.Wilhelm
Sales & Support
Sales & Support

Post by U.Wilhelm » Mon 10. Dec 2012, 08:35

Send a e-mail to support[at]peak-system.com, i will send you the latest Version that support the PCAN-GPRS System.
PEAK-System Technik
Technical Support Team
support@peak-system.com

jwphrijk

Post by jwphrijk » Mon 10. Dec 2012, 21:04

Thank you for the email.

The new server version connects to the GPRS-client and immediately disconnects again.
The terminal is showing PCAN-GPRS_Link
--DataChannel OPEN--
So it must have recieved a IMEI confirm. But stil it cant maintain the connention?

I've added a screen shot.
Attachments
Terminal and server screenshot.png
Terminal and server screenshot.png (267.73 KiB) Viewed 8752 times

U.Wilhelm
Sales & Support
Sales & Support

Post by U.Wilhelm » Tue 11. Dec 2012, 10:35

Hi, if it works before - i am wondering - did you change your server connection? - do you use special ports and did you enable the NAT on your gateway to forward the ports that PCAN-Link use? somethink like that should be the problem.
PEAK-System Technik
Technical Support Team
support@peak-system.com

jwphrijk

Post by jwphrijk » Tue 11. Dec 2012, 12:22

I don't think this could be the problem because with the previeous (normal) server I was able to send the build in comands (like get sytem time or operating system) .

With the new server it finds the cliënt (I can tell because the number of cliënts is incremented by 1) and then imedialtly is disconnects again.

U.Wilhelm
Sales & Support
Sales & Support

Post by U.Wilhelm » Tue 11. Dec 2012, 12:46

So what have you changed until the system stops working? No Server setting changes, no Firmware and setup changes on the GPRS-Link Module...We could not test here in the office because we did not have a test environment with this combination anymore (the PCAN-GPRS/PCAN-Link connection is a not official supported )
PEAK-System Technik
Technical Support Team
support@peak-system.com

jwphrijk

Post by jwphrijk » Tue 11. Dec 2012, 19:50

Is there a way to get some sort of debug information from the server. I would like to know the reason why it's disconnecting?

I've tried again and the only difference is the server version.

I've added screen shots. I can't help but think it's got something to do with the drivers.
The connection with server version 1.2.1.73 is able to send and recieve the standaard messages harcoded in the server/client. To send these messages the Server doens'nt need to have a vitual PCAN-net.

This Pcan-Net is used by Pcan Explorer. What I want is send a can message via the PCAN-net to the gprs-client. This is the thing that has worked before. For that reason I think the driver is the cause of the problem.

THanks for your patience.
Attachments
Server 1.3.1.87 not connected to GPRS-link.jpg
Server 1.3.1.87 not connected to GPRS-link.jpg (349.22 KiB) Viewed 8744 times
Server 1.2.1.73 connected to GPRS-link.jpg
Server 1.2.1.73 connected to GPRS-link.jpg (385.09 KiB) Viewed 8744 times

expor

Post by expor » Wed 12. Dec 2012, 08:04

The strange thing is, his current problem perfectly describes what I experienced using the OLD server/client exe files. With the non-supporting files the device would connect and immediately disappear again. While with the new file the connection would stay open.

So with the (according to what you're saying) old version we now have a steady connection, except there is no data transfer. With the new version the problem that I had a year ago with the old version returns. Something very strange is happening...

Indeed no HW/SW changes have been made, except the project has been transfered from me to jwphrijk. With this change the switch between uVision to using plain makefiles has been made since uVision (or the linker it uses) no longer supported the required property to compile properly.

Odd part that remains is that jpwhrijk said the device DOES respond to getOS/time calls via the virtual Net...

jwphrijk

Post by jwphrijk » Wed 12. Dec 2012, 10:15

jwphrijk wrote:Odd part that remains is that jpwhrijk said the device DOES respond to getOS/time calls via the virtual Net...
Hi Expor,

thanks for the completion.

The virtual Net however is not needed to send the hardcoded messages. Without setting this up it also works.