Change Baudrate for UART1 with GPRS-Modem

Platform for Telematic Applications
cyber9270

Change Baudrate for UART1 with GPRS-Modem

Post by cyber9270 » Mon 18. Mar 2013, 09:21

Hi Peak employees,
Can i change the higher baudrate in UART_init() of LPC2368 (ex, B115200=> B921600)?
And, can i do the same baudrate setting for GPRS-Modem ?

S.Michaelsen
Hardware Development
Hardware Development

Re: Change Baudrate for UART1 with GPRS-Modem

Post by S.Michaelsen » Mon 18. Mar 2013, 09:50

Hello,

of course you can change the baudrate to the other defined baudrates but it's not recommended for other UARTs than the external UART (UART3).
It is also possible to change the baudrates of the GPRS Modem by using AT-Commands. For detailed information about that please have a look at the documentation of the Modem on the product CD (AT_Command_Interface_Guide.pdf).
Please note that changing the bauderates may make the communication between the modem and the controller impossible if the baudrates and there is no easy way to reset the settings of the modem. So if you'll change the settings you do that on you own risk.

Best Regards,
Stephan Michaelsen

cyber9270

Post by cyber9270 » Mon 18. Mar 2013, 11:33

Stephan,
Thanks for your quick response!

I have a question about "there is no easy way to reset the settings of the modem".
In order to speed up CAN data transfer rate to GPRS-Modem througth UART1. If i will take the plunge then failure, can i recovery/reset the factory settings by myself? or must return device to original factory?

S.Michaelsen
Hardware Development
Hardware Development

Post by S.Michaelsen » Mon 18. Mar 2013, 12:02

There is no way to do this on you own. And please note that increasing the baudrate between modem and controller may cause significant higher data throughput and may cause problems with the modem communication.

Best Regards,
Stephan Michaelsen