How to read can frame messages

CAN Software API for Windows®. REGARD! This API is out-dated. Please use PCAN-Basic for new software developments.
reddy

How to read can frame messages

Post by reddy » Wed 29. Aug 2012, 21:32

Hi,

I am using UI developed from C# to send can frame messages using PCAN Iight.I am able to see the transmitted messages in PCAN_View. I am using built in functions to transmit messages .How do I read received CAN messages?.Is there any built in function.or do I have to use serial port communication. I have used one PC USB port to transmit messages.let me know. Thanks in advance.

K.Wagner
Software Development
Software Development

Re: How to read can frame messages

Post by K.Wagner » Thu 30. Aug 2012, 09:18

Hello reddy,

In order to communicate over CAN using a PEAK Device, like the PCAN-USB, you have to use one of our APIs: PCAN-Light or, it's successor, PCAN-Basic. They contain different functions to support CAN data reading/writing, as well the setting of some parameters.

The function PCANLight.Write is used for sending CAN messages to the bus and PCANLight.Read is used for receiving messages from it. Please refer to the API Functions overview of the PCAN-Light Api Help documentation for more information.
PCAN-Light Api Documentation
PCAN-Light Api Documentation
PCAN-LightHelp.jpg (153.83 KiB) Viewed 4178 times
By the way, with the PCAN-Light package (can be downloaded here), you get also a C# example application in where you can see how to use the different Api functions.
Best regards,
Keneth

reddy

Re: How to read can frame messages

Post by reddy » Thu 30. Aug 2012, 19:43

Hello Wagner,

Thanks for info.