canfestival for win32

CAN Software API for Windows®. REGARD! This API is out-dated. Please use PCAN-Basic for new software developments.
gisclonjy

canfestival for win32

Post by gisclonjy » Tue 3. Sep 2013, 17:08

hello,

i try to compil the canfestival for win32 with visual 2008.
for this i use the can-peak_win32.vc9 project; but during the geration i have a linker error
LNK1104: impossible d'ouvrir le fichier 'D/myProjects/PCAN-Light.obj'
where i can find this obj file, on the peak web site there are only the Pcan basic package.

thanks for your answers.

U.Wilhelm
Sales & Support
Sales & Support

Re: canfestival for win32

Post by U.Wilhelm » Wed 4. Sep 2013, 08:37

The PCAN-Light Software package could be download always from our WEB Page:
Support - Download - API Packages: PCAN-Light Download package
--------------------------------
PEAK-System Technik
Technical Support Team
support@peak-system.com
-------------------------------

gisclonjy

Post by gisclonjy » Wed 4. Sep 2013, 08:52

Ok tanks;
but i don't find the pcan-light.obj file!!! necessary for create the canfestival canopen stack.
is it normal? or the canfestival project is wrong and i must change the project option.

U.Wilhelm
Sales & Support
Sales & Support

Post by U.Wilhelm » Wed 4. Sep 2013, 09:44

For compiling a source code that use a Windows DLL, you normaly need only the *.lib file if you like to link the DLL "hard" to your code (only C/C++, all .NET and BB/Delphi etc. use dynamic linking without any need to code it).
The better way for C/C++ is always to use the LoadLibrary(..) function and the GetProcAdress(..) function, to be sure you could update the DLL without recompile the source (Ordinal Numbers could be mixed when you get a new DLL with more functions). For the CANFestival code i do not think that you need the obj file (this is the compiled C code before linked to the release DLL). Try to remove the obj file from the project settings and see if it will work.
PEAK-System Technik
Technical Support Team
support@peak-system.com

gisclonjy

Post by gisclonjy » Wed 4. Sep 2013, 10:08

Yes, sorry i make a mistake in my explain.
It is for compil the can-peak-win32.dll where i have the linker error "d:....pcan_light.obj"

the canfestival stack is ok no problem with the compilation

U.Wilhelm
Sales & Support
Sales & Support

Post by U.Wilhelm » Wed 4. Sep 2013, 10:25

the "can-peak-win32.dll" is NOT a PEAK-System DLL - it is from the CAN Festival Developers. It´s a Wrapper DLL to build a common API for differnet Hardware vendors for the free CAN Open Stack. But in basic it is still the same - remove the obj file - there is no need for it - if the compiler want to link a obj file, it must create it on up in front (the obj from differnt compilers are NOT compatible, so also when i should give you the obj, it will not work!). Maybe it´s the best to contact Edouard or Laurent directly. We have not compiled the Stack since 2 years - but i will try to do with the latest available code - so i come back to this thread soon as i have any result.
PEAK-System Technik
Technical Support Team
support@peak-system.com

gisclonjy

Post by gisclonjy » Fri 11. Oct 2013, 10:57

Hi,

we use now the canfestival-3.dll with the Pcan-104 card, we read/write the SDO OD and PDO.
But i have a probleme with the PDO's timming answers, i have a shift between the serveur TPDO and my receive!!

example: the serveur send 1st message of pdo1 and 1sec after the 2nd message of PDO1 but with my application a read the 1st message only when the 2nd arrive!!!
do you no this problem?

1st pdo 184: 01 00 01 01 01 01 01 01
2nd pdo 184: 01 01 01 01 01 01 01 01

regards

U.Wilhelm
Sales & Support
Sales & Support

Post by U.Wilhelm » Fri 11. Oct 2013, 11:13

please contact the CANFestivel Developers - we could not do support for software we did not develop - sorry!
PEAK-System Technik
Technical Support Team
support@peak-system.com