Not working PC even copy PCANBasic.dll

The free CAN Software API (Application Programming Interface) for Windows®
.wide

Not working PC even copy PCANBasic.dll

Post by .wide » Mon 16. Jul 2018, 07:09

Hi,

I have PCAN-CAN interface and I have issue with connection to car ECU.

I followed instructions in PDF - installation of drivers first (“Device driver setup for Windows” from website), after that connection interface with PC and installation of interface drivers.

In software for connections with car ECU I have folder with drivers for CAN: PCAN_USB.dll and PCANBasic.dll. I have x64 system, so I manually copied them into:
32-bit DLL > Windows\SysWOW64
64-bit DLL > Windows\System32

…and I can’t connect with ECU. What’s wrong? Maybe I should use files from PCAN-Basic API package from website and/or overwite files in drivers folder in software for ECU connection?

U.Wilhelm
Sales & Support
Sales & Support

Re: Not working PC even copy PCANBasic.dll

Post by U.Wilhelm » Mon 16. Jul 2018, 08:36

We do not know which Software you use - so best is to contact the software company who build the Tool.
Please simply check if the CAN Communication work by using the PCAN-View Tool. This is part of the driver and available in the Start Menu after installation of the driver package.

If this communication works as expected, it must bie something with your third party software.
If you like that we check if all DLLs and Files are up to date, please download our Sysinfo Tool from the Support page and send us the result by e-mail.
--------------------------------
PEAK-System Technik
Technical Support Team
support@peak-system.com
-------------------------------

.wide

Post by .wide » Mon 16. Jul 2018, 09:11

Thanks for answer.
It's SYSMA software from Magneti Marelli Racing. Contact will be defintly extreme difficult.
This evening I will connect you from PCAN-View and I will make some screenshots. For now I have something from yesterday trying:

Problem is that on my friend PC everything is OK but now it's impossible to use his computer.

Before before copying files from software driver folder I had info after try to connect:

Now it's ok (without any messange), but connections is not realized.

If you like to check files from my software, please download them from:
https://------------ erased.

I sent you also results of scan of my computer on e-mail info@peak-system.com
Last edited by .wide on Mon 16. Jul 2018, 09:26, edited 1 time in total.

U.Wilhelm
Sales & Support
Sales & Support

Post by U.Wilhelm » Mon 16. Jul 2018, 09:20

You do not need to send us OUR files ?!? Please delete the Link to a unsafe download portal or we must erease the post. Please simply follow the rules that solve the 32/64 Bit Problem - LINK

if it still does not work, you need to contact the Software Company. Our part is working.
We do not knwow this Tool so we could not help - if you have a existing machine wich is running it must be easy to compare the files..but also - this have nothing to do with our derivers, interface DLLs or Hardware....
PEAK-System Technik
Technical Support Team
support@peak-system.com

.wide

Post by .wide » Mon 16. Jul 2018, 09:32

It was files (PCAN_USB.dll, PCANBasic.dll) suplied with SYSMA software to check if they are OK. Anyway I erased link.

Following your help link - yes it will be my las change. This evening I will check it.

U.Wilhelm
Sales & Support
Sales & Support

Post by U.Wilhelm » Mon 16. Jul 2018, 09:37

But you could not copy files from a software package into a publicc drop box?? Are you the owner of the files - do you know if these fiels are maybe special Version for a customer? very strange....
If you bought the SYSMA software from Magneti Marelli Racing you also could ask them what exact they need, or ask for a new Version for W10 - i am sure they have a out of the box solution.
PEAK-System Technik
Technical Support Team
support@peak-system.com

.wide

Post by .wide » Mon 16. Jul 2018, 10:07

U.Wilhelm wrote:But you could not copy files from a software package into a publicc drop box?? Are you the owner of the files - do you know if these fiels are maybe special Version for a customer? very strange....
If you bought the SYSMA software from Magneti Marelli Racing you also could ask them what exact they need, or ask for a new Version for W10 - i am sure they have a out of the box solution.
More important than ownership of my files are that I need to connect with car. It's one week left to the race.

About SYSMA and MM.. Try to contact with italian guys... Unfortunately it's not "deutsch ordnung" :D

G.Lang
Support
Support

Post by G.Lang » Mon 16. Jul 2018, 10:59

Hi,

don't affront our customers and any different nations.
Thanks for understanding.

Gunther