if you are having problems using the LIN channels after a sucessful installation of the PCAN-USB Pro package, maybe these lines can help you to solve the problem.
The LIN part of the device needs the .NET Framework 2.0 from Microsoft to work. This is part of the latest operating systems from Microsoft like Windows Vista or Windows 7. In older systems like Windows XP this must be installed manually.
Fortunately the PCAN-USB Pro Setup program let you install the .NET Framework in case it cannot be found:
Nevertheless, due to some unknown behavior , it is possible that a .NET Framework 2.0 can get corrupted, causing problems to the part of PLIN using .NET, avoiding in this manner the communication with the LIN channels of a PCAN-USB Pro device. The most usual symptoms for this are:
- You are using Windows XP
- The PCAN-USB Pro package was successfully installed without having to install .Net (you didn't see a Window like in the picture above).
- The Leds of the LIN channels remain off, even after reboot, or
- the LIN channels can work for some time and then no more (this is an even more weird case).
- Uninstall PCAN-USB Pro: (This is not necessary but highly recommended) Go to Windows control panel and open the "Add or Remove Programs" window. Search and select the PCAN-USB Pro software and click the button "Remove". Follow the instruction to uninstall the product.
- Uninstall .NET: go to Windows control panel and open the "Add or Remove Programs" window. Search and select the Framework 2.0 and click the button "Change/Remove". Follow the instruction for uninstall/repair the product (You can choise to repair or to uninstall the product. Both of them should work but we recommend to uninstall it andinstall it again. It is up to you ).
- If you have repared .NET (not uninstalled), please go to the next point. If you have deinstalled it, then you can use the setup file for .Net 2.0 delivered within the PCAN-USB Pro package (Disk\Microsoft\dotnetfx.exe) to install it again. Execute it and follow the instructions.
- If you have uninstalled the PCAN-USB Pro, run the executable PCANUSBProSetup.exe again. If you didn't, please reboot your system.