Connect via 29 bit ID

A free API for the communication with control units based on the Universal Measurement and Calibration Protocol (XCP) by ASAM for Windows®
rmaier

Connect via 29 bit ID

Post by rmaier » Thu 27. Feb 2020, 22:14

Hello,

I am just starting out with your APIs. I am unable to send a connection request using your sample project successfully (PCAN-XCP). My ECU uses 29 bit ID at 250kBaud. The standard connection is 11 bit ID, and I do not see an explicit method of selecting the correct parameters. I see that the FD connection is via 29 bit. However, when I click "Initialize Communication" with FD clicked the error code "The given handle is invalid". This is straight from an unzipped download. I did have to make the dll viewable to the project.

Is there a source for documentation using the XCP API? The zip file only included software projects, no help or documentation really. Thanks!

Robert

K.Wagner
Software Development
Software Development

Re: Connect via 29 bit ID

Post by K.Wagner » Fri 28. Feb 2020, 09:09

Hello,

from where you have downloaded that package? Our PCAN-XCP package comes together with documentation (PXCP_enu.chm file), that explains the way how the API work, the different functions and their parameters and return values, as plane function (C++) as well as managed methods (.NET C#).
Overview content of CCP Help file
Overview content of CCP Help file
XCP_Help.PNG (39.78 KiB) Viewed 239 times
For instance, there is explained how to use CAN-IDs with 29-bits
Structure TXCPTransportLayerCAN
Structure TXCPTransportLayerCAN
TransportLayerConfiguration.PNG (48.19 KiB) Viewed 239 times
As you see, all the information needed is there. Please check the documentation. If you don't have this, then download again from our download page.

NOTE: PCAN-XCP offers a function per XCP command. If you have XCP protocol specific question like "how do I calibrate an ECU" or "which commands I need to use to do ...", please refer to ASAM XCP official documentation or any other forum, since we do not offer support on this. Thanks for your understanding.
Best regards,
Keneth

rmaier

Post by rmaier » Fri 6. Mar 2020, 21:39

Hello Kenneth,

Thank you for your help. I figured out my issue. I had the .chm file stored on a server. Windows blocked the content from me. Once I viewed this from a local file it worked. Having this documentation will make my life much easier.

Thank you!

Robert Maier
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (35.57 KiB) Viewed 231 times

K.Wagner
Software Development
Software Development

Post by K.Wagner » Mon 9. Mar 2020, 08:17

You are welcome. Closed
Best regards,